The Users’ Committee
Section 209 of the Act respecting health and social services requires every institution to establish a committee of users of its services. This obligation applies to all institutions including private institutions under contract such as ours.
The users’ committee exists to bring the voice of all residents to the management team, the board of directors and other committees of the institution.
The functions of the users’ committee include the following:
- Inform the users and their loved ones of their rights and obligations;
- Defend the rights and interests of the users;
- Accompany and assist, on request, the user with any actions they undertake, including when they wish to file a complaint;
- Promote continuous improvement in the living conditions of the users;
- Evaluate the users’ satisfaction of services received.
To contact the Users’ Committee you may:
- Leave your comments in the Suggestion Box at the Cedars Home
- Send a written letter by mail to: The Users’ Committee of the Cedars Home, 1275 boul. Côte Vertu, Suite 200, Saint-Laurent, Québec, H4L 4V2
- Write an email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us : 1-800-928-8189