Procedure to File a Complaint

Procedure to File a Complaint

Are you dissatisfied?

The Cedars Home offers high quality services to all of its residents. The management pays particular attention to each and every one of you and hopes that you are satisfied. Despite our best efforts, you may be dissatisfied with a service or an incident which has occurred and is bothering you. If this is the case, let us know, verbally or in writing.

How to?

  • Firstly, speak to the nurse on duty. If the response is still unsatisfactory, speak to the people in a position of authority, specifically the Director of Nursing and the Executive Director. They will listen to you and will probably be able to rectify the situation.
  • If you do not agree with their response, you may contact the Complaints and Service Quality Commissioner. In accordance with the law, the Complaints and Service Quality Commissioner – CSQC is appointed to ensure that the services for the clientele are of a high quality and that the residents can count on a neutral person who reports directly to the Board of Directors.
  • The CSQC will follow up on your complaint. The complaint office will contact you expediently between 24 and 72 hours after your request to discuss your dissatisfaction and will give you a written response no later than 45 days after your complaint has been filed.
  • If you are still not satisfied with this response, you may contact the Ombudsman at 1 800 463-5070.

To contact the Quality and Complaints Commission:

(Please see the ministerial leaflet on the complaint handling regime)

Bring someone along!

By law you may have someone accompany you when filing a complaint. You may be assisted by:


  • Your Users’ Committee, by email:
  • Le Centre d’Assistance et d’Accompagnement aux Plaintes – CAAP in your region at 1-877 767-2227.
  • You may also be accompanied by any person of your choice who you trust.