The Cedars Home Foundation
The Cedars Home for the Elderly Foundation, is a non-profit organization which was established on November 1st 1974. It is the result of a common pursuit on the part of community members, volunteers, directors, residents and their relatives. The mission of the Foundation is to contribute to the improvement of the quality of life of the elderly Christian Middle Eastern community. This mission is aimed towards many groups: the elderly living in a care facility, in a supervised apartment as well as those living at home.
The Foundation pays particular attention to the well-being of the elderly and carefully oversees their moral and material support.
The Foundation collects and manages your donations in order to contribute to the well-being of the elderly of our community. Your donations allow the Foundation to accomplish their goals such as:
- The acquisition of adapted equipment to better meet the needs of the residents;
- The support for the cost of certain recreational activities as well as improvement and renovation projects of the physical space;
- Assistance in implementing social and cultural activities for care facility residents as well as the elderly living at home for the enhancement of their personal development;
- Financial support of all community programs, such as the Cedars Elderly Support and Wellness Center;
- The development, organization and support of all activities and projects for the elderly of the community.
The sources of revenue are:
- The various funding activities organized by the Foundation for the population throughout the year (fundraisers or others);
- Donations and bequests in money or in shares/public bonds;
- Medium or long-term planned giving through registration with the Cedars Home for the Elderly Foundation in an estate or a life-insurance plan.